SALT INFORMATIONAtenolol(25 mg)
To treat high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm, prophylaxis of angina (chest pain). It may also be used for prophylaxis of migraine management of anxiety disorders, tremors and hyperthyroidism.
Narrowing of airways, wheezing, slowing of heart rate, low blood pressure, heart failure, heart block, cold hands and feet, feeling tired and weak, dizziness, confusion, drowsiness, feeling depressed, urge to vomit (nausea), diarrhea, constipation, and inability to maintain erection (sexual dysfunction).
NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, naproxen and calcium channel blockers (verapamil, nifedipine and diltiazem) taken with atenolol can severely lower blood pressure and reduce heart rate. Atenolol when administered with antiarrhythmic drugs (disopyramide, amiodarone), digoxin can cause severe lowering of heart rate. Use of other hypotensive with atenolol can cause excess lowering of blood pressure. Both digitalis glycosides and beta-blockers slow atrioventricular conduction and decrease heart rate. Concomitant use can decrease the heart rate (bradycardia). Administration with insulin or other oral anti-diabetics can impair sugar control. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Atenolol blocks beta receptors (beta blockers) in the heart and peripheral blood vessels resulting in slowing of heart rate and relaxing of blood vessels thereby lowering blood pressure. Atenolol reduces oxygen requirement at any level of activity making it useful for long-term management of heart attacks caused by restricted cardiac blood flow.
- Ziblok (25mg)(14 Tablet in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 0.41/TabletRs. 5.80save 74% more per Tablet
- Bp Nol(25mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Elder Pharamaceuticals LtdRs. 0.54/TabletRs. 5.40save 66% more per Tablet
- Latenol (25mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 0.70/TabletRs. 7save 57% more per Tablet
- Odinol (25mg)(14 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 0.71/TabletRs. 9.95save 56% more per Tablet
- Atenolol (25mg)(14 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.75/TabletRs. 10.50save 53% more per Tablet
Can I take Hipres (25mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.