SALT INFORMATIONRamipril(2.5 mg)
It is used for the treatment of hypertension, post-myocardial infarction, renal complications of diabetes mellitus and to support heart during inffecient functioning of heart (heart failure).
Headache or feeling tired, fainting, abnormally low blood pressure (hypotension), fall in blood pressure during standing posture, dry cough, breathlessness, increased blood potassium levels, inflammation of sinuses (sinusitis), skin rash, chest pain, cramps or pain in the muscles, numbness, tingling, pricking, burning or creeping on your skin, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, feeling depressed or anxious, heartburn, constipation and dry mouth.
Medicines used to relieve pain and inflammation such as ibuprofen or indomethacin and aspirin reduce the effect of ramipril. Medicines which can increase the amount of potassium in the blood such as spironolactone, triamterene, amiloride, potassium salts and heparin, steroids (prednisolone), gout medications (allopurinol) can increase the amount of ramipril leading to side effects. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
It belongs to a group of medicines called ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) inhibitors, which block the enzyme ACE, ultimately reducing the substance called Angiotensin II and thereby widening blood vessels which help reduce high blood pressure.
- Ziram (2.5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 2.33/CapsuleRs. 23.25save 75% more per Capsule
- Sclerace (2.5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Novartis Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.89/CapsuleRs. 28.87save 69% more per Capsule
- Topril (2.5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.91/CapsuleRs. 39.09save 58% more per Capsule
- Alvace (2.5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Piramal HealthcareRs. 4.20/CapsuleRs. 42save 55% more per Capsule
- R Pril(2.5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.69/CapsuleRs. 46.90save 50% more per Capsule
Can I take Hopace (2.5mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.