SALT INFORMATIONTolvaptan(15 mg)
It is used to treat hyponatremia (low sodium concentration in the blood) in patients with syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH) (excessive levels of antidiuretic hormones).
Asthenia, constipation, dry mouth, hyperglycemia, pollakiuria, polyuria, thirst, anorexia, nausea.
Tolvaptan is known to interact with other drugs like barbital, bicalutamide, carbamazepine, conivaptan, digoxin, erythromycin, fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, phenytoin, rifabutin, ritonavir, verapamil. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Tolvaptan is a selective and competitive arginine vasopressin receptor 2 antagonist. Vasopressin acts on the V2 receptors found in the walls of the vasculature and luminal membranes of renal collecting ducts. By blocking V2 receptors in the renal collecting ducts, aquaporins do not insert themselves into the walls thus preventing water absorption. This action ultimately results in an increase in urine volume, decrease urine osmolality, and increase electrolyte-free water clearance to reduce intravascular volume and an increase serum sodium levels.
- Natrise Tab(4 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 24.75/TabletRs. 99save 22% more per Tablet
- Hyponat O(30tab)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 49/TabletRs. 490pay 54% more per Tablet
- Natrise (15mg)(4 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 99/TabletRs. 396pay 211% more per Tablet
- Natrise (15tab)(4 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 99/TabletRs. 396pay 211% more per Tablet
- Tvaptan (15mg)(4 Tablet in Strip)Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 99/TabletRs. 396pay 211% more per Tablet
Can I take Hyponat O(15tab 10) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.