SALT INFORMATIONChloramphenicol(1000 mg)
Enteric fever (Typhoid and Para typhoid).H.Influenzae meningitis. Anaerobic infections, intraocular infections, urinary tract infections, conjunctivitis, external ear infections.Corneal ulcer, bacterial conjunctivitis, trachoma, ocular infections.Otitis externa, chronic otitis media. Pre and post antral or mastoid surgery.
Encephalopathy, pseudomembranous colitis, anemia, urticaria, anemia, thrombocytopenia, hepatitis, ototoxicity, peripheral neuropathy, optic neuritis, hemolytic reactions, interstitial nephritis, headache, nausea, vomiting, maculopapular rash, stomatitis, confusion, pruritus, depression, glossitis, delirium, transient stinging.
Chloramphenicol is known to interact with other drugs like amoxicillin, ampicillin, ascorbic acid, azlocillin (Na), bacampicillin, benzathine penicillin, carbenicillin (Na), chlorpropamide, chymotrypsin, cimetidine (HCl), ciprofloxacin, cloxacillin, clozapine, colistin (Sulphate & Sulphomethate Na), cyanocobalamin, cyclophosphamide, dicloxacillin (Na), ethinyloestradiol, floxacillin (Na), fosphenytoin, estodene, glibornuride, gliquidone, hydroxocobalamin, ichthammol, iron dextran, iron salts, iron sorbitol, mecillinam, mecobalamin, nafcillin, oxacillin, paracetamol, phenobarbitone, phenytoin (Na), piperacillin (Na),pivmecillinam (HCl), primidone, procaine penicillin, promethazine (HCl),rifampicin, sulfapyridine, tolbutamide, warfarin (Na).
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Chloramphenicol is lipid-soluble, allowing it to diffuse through the bacterial cell membrane. It then reversibly binds to the L16 protein of the 50S subunit of bacterial ribosomes, where transfer of amino acids to growing peptide chains is prevented (perhaps by suppression of peptidyl transferase activity), thus inhibiting peptide bond formation and subsequent protein synthesis.
- Chlorosun (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Sunways India Pvt LtdRs. 9.55/Powder for InjectionRs. 9.55save 84% more per Powder for Injection
- Misocol (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Shalina HealthcareRs. 10/Powder for InjectionRs. 10save 83% more per Powder for Injection
- Mycinol S(1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Alpa Laboratories LtdRs. 20/Powder for InjectionRs. 20save 66% more per Powder for Injection
- Paraxin (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 26/Powder for InjectionRs. 26save 55% more per Powder for Injection
- Tyde S(1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 22.50/Powder for InjectionRs. 22.50save 61% more per Powder for Injection
Can I take Labchlor (1000mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.