SALT INFORMATIONLevetiracetam(500 mg)
Partial onset seizures. Myoclonic seizures, Primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures.
Dizziness, vertigo, headache, drowsiness, ataxia, anorexia, nervousness, rashes, depression, tremor, asthenia, aggression.
Levetiracetam is known to interact with other drugs like carbamazepine, triprolidine. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
The exact mechanism of action is unknown but does not involve inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmission. Stereoselective binding of levetiracetam was confined to synaptic plasma membranes in the central nervous system with no binding occurring in peripheral tissue. Levetiracetam inhibits burst firing without affecting normal neuronal excitability, which suggests that it may selectively prevent hypersynchronization of epileptiform burst firing and propagation of seizure activity.
- Levenue (250mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.02/TabletRs. 50.20save 55% more per Tablet
- Levepsy (500mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 8.25/TabletRs. 82.50save 26% more per Tablet
- Lev(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 10.05/TabletRs. 100.50save 10% more per Tablet
- Epilive Er(500mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 10.05/TabletRs. 100.50save 10% more per Tablet
- Confilev(10 Tablet in Strip)Strides Arcolab LtdRs. 10.50/TabletRs. 105save 6% more per Tablet
Can I take Levipil (500mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.