SALT INFORMATIONAtorvastatin(10 mg)
Atorvastatin is used to treat patients with elevated cholesterol, triglyceride or lipoprotein levels in blood, and to reduce the risk of heart diseases, even when blood cholesterol is normal.
The common side effects are nose and throat infection, throat pain, nose-bleed, allergic reactions, increase in blood glucose level, gastro-intestinal disturbances like urge to vomit, constipation, indigestion, diarrhea and excessive passage of wind or gas, muscle wasting condition (rhabdomyolysis), elevation of enzymes like blood creatine kinase and liver enzymes.
Atorvastatin is known to interact with other drugs like gemfibrozil (increased risk of rhabdomyolysis), antibiotics and anti-fungal medicines, amprenavir, cimetidine, colestipol, cyclosporin, digoxin, warfarin, and oral contraceptives, where atorvastatin may affect the action of these drugs or vice versa. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Atorvastatin blocks the action of the enzyme (HMG-CoA reductase) that is required for the production of cholesterol in the body. It thus lowers the level of blood lipids such as cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Atorix (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Matrix HealthcareRs. 0.56/TabletRs. 5.60save 74% more per Tablet
- Arpitor (10mg)(90 Tablet in Packet)RPG Life Sciences Ltd (Acumed)Rs. 1.83/TabletRs. 165.06save 15% more per Tablet
- Arpitor Cp(10mg)(90 Tablet in Bottle)RPG Life Sciences Ltd (Acumed)Rs. 1.97/TabletRs. 177save 9% more per Tablet
- Atherochek Plain(10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 2.88/TabletRs. 28.80pay 33% more per Tablet
- Cholechek (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 3.17/TabletRs. 31.65pay 46% more per Tablet
Can I take Lipikind (10mg) during pregnancy?
The drug should not be used by pregnant women. Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown high risk to fetus. The risk of drug use in pregnant women outweighs the benefit.