SALT INFORMATIONClonazepam(0.5 mg)
To treat fits (epilepsy and seizures)
Fatigue, rashes, muscle weakness, urge to vomit (nausea), dizziness, drowsiness, sleepiness, co-ordination disturbances, poor concentration, restlessness, confusion, anxiety, occasional muscular hypotonia (low muscle tone), loss of the ability to create new memories, and depression.
Clonazepam is known to interact with other drugs, carbamazepine, iprindole, iproniazid phosphate, phenobarbitone, phenytoin, valproic acid, antihistamines (cetirizine, diphenhydramine), medicines used to treat anxiety, pain killers, cimetidine, rifampicin. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Clonazepam works by causing release of a signalling chemical called GABA in the brain, which is involved in transmitting messages between the nerve cells and also acts as a natural 'nerve-calming' agent. By increasing the release of GABA, clonazepam helps to calm the excessive electrical nerve activity that is responsible for causing fits (seizures).
- Sezolep (0.5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 0.99/TabletRs. 9.90save 55% more per Tablet
- Epizam (0.5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 1.30/TabletRs. 13save 41% more per Tablet
- Zee (0.5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.90/TabletRs. 19save 14% more per Tablet
- Melzap (10'S)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 2.30/TabletRs. 23pay 5% more per Tablet
- Clonotril (0.5mg)(15 Tablet in Packet)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.60/TabletRs. 39pay 18% more per Tablet
Can I take Lonapam (0.5mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Can I take Lonapam (0.5mg) while breastfeeding/lactation?
Can I take Lonapam (0.5mg) with alcohol?
Since there is some doubt about the results of concurrent use in this interaction, it is advised to give some guidance to the patient about its possible adverse effects and/or consider close monitoring.