SALT INFORMATIONIndapamide(1.5 mg)
Indapamide is used alone or in combination with other drugs to treat high blood pressure, and heart failure.
* Common: Maculopapular rashes (skin rash), hypokalemia (low potassium level). * Uncommon: Vomiting, purpura (red purple discoloration of skin). * Rare: Vertigo, fatigue, headache, paresthesia (abnormal sensations of skin), nausea, constipation, dry mouth.
* Indapamide may increase the side effect caused by lithium when taken together. * Indapamide when taken with antiarrhythmics (medication used to restore the natural rhythm of the heart), antipsychotics (drugs used to treat psychosis) may lead to torsades de pointes (disordered electrical activity of heart). * Indapamide when taken with bepridil, cisapride, diphemanil, erythromycin, halofantrine, mizolastine, pentamidine, sparfloxacin, moxifloxacin, vincamine may lead to torsades de pointes (disordered electrical activity of heart). * NSAIDs or pain killers and baclofen may reduce the blood pressure lowering effect of indapamide when taken together. * Indapamide when taken with other drugs that lower blood pressure (angiotensin convertase enzyme inhibitor) may lead to further low blood pressure or renal failure. * Amphotericin B, gluco- and mineralo-corticoids (systemic route), tetracosactide, and stimulant laxatives may cause low blood potassium level when taken with indapamide. * Indapamide may increase the side effects caused by digitalis. * Indapamide may interact with potassium-sparing diuretics (amiloride, spironolactone, and triamterene), metformin, iodinated contrast media, imipramine-like antidepressants, neuroleptics, calcium (salts), ciclosporin, tacrolimus, corticosteroids, tetracosactide. * Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Indapamide belongs to class of medications called thiazide-like diuretics, it increases urine production from kidney thereby decreasing blood pressure.
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration. * Treatment of high blood pressure (adult dose): 1.5-2.5 mg/day.
DOs and DON'Ts
Do avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear sunscreen while taking indapamide.Indapamide should not be given to children or adolescent.Do not take indapamide tablets and consult your doctor: * If you are allergic to indapamide, sulphonamide or any other ingredient of tablet. * If you have severe liver disease, kidney disease or hepatic encephalopathy (abnormal brain function due to liver problems). * If you have low blood potassium level, heart problems, diabetes, or gout (pain and swelling of the small joints due to elevated levels of uric acid in the blood and subsequent deposition in the joints). * If you are pregnant or breast-feeding. * If you have intolerance to some sugars.
Indapamide should not be given to children or adolescentDo not take indapamide tablets: * If you are allergic to indapamide, sulphonamide or any other ingredient of tablet. * If you have severe liver disease, kidney disease or hepatic encephalopathy (abnormal brain function due to liver problems). * If you have low blood potassium level.
Q. Is indapamide a water pill, beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner? Indapamide is a thiazide-like diuretic, a water pill. It is not a beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner.Q. Is indapamide a sulfa drug, contains sulfa?Indapamide is a sulfa drug, contains sulfa (sulphonamide). Indapamide should not be taken by patients allergic to sulfa/sulphonamide.Q. Is indapamide potassium sparing?Indapamide is not potassium sparing. It lowers the potassium level in body.Q. Can I take paracetamol, ibuprofen with indapamide?Ibuprofen may reduce the blood pressure lowering effect of indapamide. Paracetamol can be taken with indapamide. Always consult your doctor before use.Q. Does indapamide cause weight gain, weight loss, low potassium, hair loss, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction?Indapamide does not cause weight gain, hair loss. Indapamide may cause weight loss, low potassium level, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction.
* Summary of product characteristics: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/26709 * Summary of product characteristics: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/1946 * Patient information leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.21617.latest.pdf * Prescribing information: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2009/018538s028lbl.pdf
- Diurix Sr(1.5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 3.90/TabletRs. 39save 59% more per Tablet
- Natritor Sr(1.5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 3.99/TabletRs. 39.90save 58% more per Tablet
- Tebemid (1.5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Neon Antibiotics Pvt LtdRs. 0.66/TabletRs. 6.59save 93% more per Tablet
- Indap Sr(1.5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.26/TabletRs. 72.60save 24% more per Tablet
- In Sr(1.5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Systopic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 3.75/TabletRs. 37.50save 61% more per Tablet
Can I take Lorvas Sr(1.5mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.