SALT INFORMATIONLosartan Potassium(50 mg)
Mild to moderate hypertension. Diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Headache, dizziness, back pain, myalgia, respiratory tract disorders, fatigue, GI disturbances, transient elevation of liver enzymes, impaired renal function, taste disturbances and hyperkalaemia.
Losartan potassium is known to interact with other drugs like aldesleukin, alprostadil, diazoxide, fluconazole, indomethacin, lithium. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Losartan potassium is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. The drug and its active metabolite selectively block the vasoconstrictor and aldosterone-secreting effects of angiotensin II by selectively antagonising its binding to AT1 receptors.
- Zaart (50mg)(20 Tablet in Packet)Cipla LtdRs. 2.40/TabletRs. 47.97save 53% more per Tablet
- Losium (50mg)(30 Tablet in Packet)Zydus CadilaRs. 2.60/TabletRs. 78.06save 49% more per Tablet
- Zilos (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 2.65/TabletRs. 26.55save 48% more per Tablet
- Losamax (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 3.52/TabletRs. 35.20save 31% more per Tablet
- Czar (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Aurobindo Pharma Ltd (Argus)Rs. 3.60/TabletRs. 36save 29% more per Tablet
Can I take Loscard (50mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.