SALT INFORMATIONOxcarbazepine(300 mg)
Epilepsy, iron deficiency anaemia.
Dizziness, vertigo, headache, drowsiness, ataxia, alopecia, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, rashes, confusion, urticaria, depression, tremor, diplopia, asthenia, nausea and vomiting, acne, agitation, nystagmus.
Oxcarbazepine is known to interact with other drugs like felodipine, verapamil (HCl). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Oxcarbazepine blocks voltage-sensitive sodium channels, which inhibits repetitive firing, stabilises hyperexcited neuronal membranes and decreases release of synaptic impulses. These effects may prevent the spread of epileptic seizures.
- Lovax Od(300mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 4.40/TabletRs. 44pay 33% more per Tablet
- Oxycarb (300mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 4.83/TabletRs. 48.25pay 46% more per Tablet
- Oxep (300mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 4.83/TabletRs. 48.33pay 46% more per Tablet
- Oxeptal (300mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 5.16/TabletRs. 51.63pay 56% more per Tablet
- Oxrate (300mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 6.04/TabletRs. 60.40pay 83% more per Tablet
Can I take Lovax (300mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.