SALT INFORMATIONCholecalciferol(60,000 iu)
To prevent and treat vitamin D deficiency in adults and teenagers, and vitamin D dependent rickets. It can be used with other medicines to treat bone disorder (osteoporosis), low levels of calcium or phosphate caused by certain disorders (hypoparathyroidism, pseudohypoparathyroidism, familial hypophosphatemia). It may also be used in kidney disease to keep calcium levels normal and allow normal bone growth. Cholecalciferol drops are given to breast-fed infants as a supplement.
Urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting constipation, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, mental/mood changes, unusual tiredness, stomach upset, skin rash, serious allergic reactions such as swollen face, lips, tongue or throat, difficulty in swallowing, red bumpy itchy skin, difficulty in breathing, increased levels of blood calcium, and increased levels of urine calcium.
Taking cholecalciferol with thiazide diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide) increases the risk of high levels of blood calcium. Cholecalciferol if taken along with systemic corticosteroids may reduce calcium absorption. Cholecalciferol may also interact with cholestyramine, rifampicin, phenytoin or barbiturates, laxatives which contain paraffin oil, glucocorticoids, and cardiac glycosides (digoxin). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cholecalciferol is important for the absorption of calcium from the stomach and for the functioning of calcium in the body. It regulates the blood levels of calcium and phosphorus and also plays key role in the absorption of calcium in bone tissue.
- Lupi D3(15 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 0.51/TabletRs. 7.67save 98% more per Tablet
- Lupi D3(15 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 1.67/TabletRs. 24.99save 95% more per Tablet
- Vitomin D3(60k)(4 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 5.31/TabletRs. 21.25save 83% more per Tablet
- Torflash Tab(4 Tablet in Strip)Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 6.25/TabletRs. 25save 80% more per Tablet
- Hi D(60k)(4 Tablet in Strip)Akumentis Healthcare LtdRs. 8.13/TabletRs. 32.50save 74% more per Tablet
Can I take Lupi D3 chewable during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.