SALT INFORMATIONLincomycin(300 mg)
Aerobic and anaerobic infections.
Pseudomembranous colitis, thrombocytopenia, angioneurotic edema, serum sickness, granulocytopenia, leucopenia, neutropenia, nausea, diarrhea, fever, tinnitus, skin rashes, urticaria, vertigo, stomatitis, esophagitis, perianal irritation.
Lincomycin is known to interact with other drugs like alcuronium (Cl), atracurium (Besylate), bamifylline, clindamycin, distigmine (Br), erythromycin, kaolin, rocuronium (Br). These interactions are sometimes beneficial and sometimes may pose threats to life. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Lincomycin inhibits protein synthesis in susceptible bacteria by binding to the 50 S subunits of bacterial ribosomes and preventing peptide bond formation upon transcription. It is usually considered bacteriostatic, but may be bactericidal in high concentrations or when used against highly susceptible organisms.
- Lynx (1ml)(5 Powder for Injection in Vial)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.88/Powder for InjectionRs. 9.40save 80% more per Powder for Injection
- Maclin (300mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)SPM Drugs Pvt LtdRs. 3.25/Powder for InjectionRs. 3.25save 65% more per Powder for Injection
- Lincol (300mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Coles Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.48/Powder for InjectionRs. 4.48save 52% more per Powder for Injection
- Lines (300mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Glorious Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 5.30/Powder for InjectionRs. 5.30save 44% more per Powder for Injection
- Lynx (300mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 5.44/Powder for InjectionRs. 5.44save 42% more per Powder for Injection
Can I take Lynx (2ml) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.