SALT INFORMATIONFolic Acid(5 mg)
Folic acid is a vitamin used in the treatment and prevention of anemia (low red blood cells) due to folic acid deficiency, pregnancy or as a side effect of certain drugs, kidney disorders, malabsorption syndromes, and to prevent birth defects in infants.
The common side effects are urge to vomit, bloating of stomach, excessive passage of wind, loss of appetite, worsening of vitamin B12 deficiency (when folic acid is used alone to treat anemia without investigating the cause). Consult your doctor immediately if rash, itching, or breathlessness develops.
Fluorouracil, sulphonamide, phenytoin, methotrexate, sulfasalazine, cholestyramine, and zinc may affect the efficacy of folic acid or vice versa. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Folic acid is involved in producing the genetic material called DNA, in formation of red blood cells, in reducing risk of heart problems (by reducing blood homocysteine levels) and other body functions.
- Vacfol (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Novartis India Ltd (Sandoz)Rs. 0.80/TabletRs. 8save 96% more per Tablet
- Foldivitamin (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.88/TabletRs. 8.80save 95% more per Tablet
- Folinal Tab(10s)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 0.95/TabletRs. 9.50save 95% more per Tablet
- Folneu (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.98/TabletRs. 9.80save 95% more per Tablet
- Afol (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lincoln PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.37/TabletRs. 13.73save 93% more per Tablet
Can I take Matilda Er during pregnancy?
There is sufficient evidence to suggest that there is no risk to the fetus in the first trimester (12 weeks) of pregnancy and there is no evidence of risk in later trimesters. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.