SALT INFORMATIONDoxycycline(100 mg)
Acne vulgaris, anthrax, breast cancer, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, genitourinary tract infections, GI infections, heart failure, malaria prophylaxis, opthalmic infections, plasmodium falciparum malaria, pneumonia, respiratory tract infections.
Staining of developing teeth, hypoplasia of enamel, pseudomembranous colitis, anaphylaxis, nausea, anorexia, skin reactions, skin rashes, maculopapular rash, urticaria, vaginitis, photosensitivity, glossitis, stomatitis, hemolytic anemia, dysphagia.
Doxycycline is known to interact with other drugs like alcohol, carbamazepine, fosphenytoin, glymidine, iron Salts, magnesium Oxides and hydroxides, phenobarbitone, phenytoin (Na), riboflavin (Vitamin B2), rifampicin, sodium acetate, sodium bicarbonate, sodium picosulphate. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Doxycycline reversibly binds to the 30 S ribosomal subunits and possibly the 50S ribosomal subunit(s), blocking the binding of aminoacyl tRNA to the mRNA and inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis.
- Doxt S(100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 1.43/TabletRs. 14.30pay 85% more per Tablet
- Doxt (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 1.43/TabletRs. 14.30pay 85% more per Tablet
- Doxt S(100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 1.57/TabletRs. 15.75pay 104% more per Tablet
- Solomycin (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 2.80/TabletRs. 28pay 263% more per Tablet
- Doxicip (100mg)(8 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 3.90/TabletRs. 31.20pay 405% more per Tablet
Can I take Microdox Dt(100mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.