SALT INFORMATIONCefixime(200 mg)
Cefixime is used in the treatment of infections of ear, nose, sinuses, throat, chest, lungs and urinary system.
Abdominal pain, loose stools, indigestion, urge to vomit, vomiting, excessive passing of wind or gas, jaundice, superinfection in the gut, increased level of liver enzyme in the blood, headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, kidney dysfunction, severe allergic reactions leading to swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, throat or tongue, blistering or bleeding of the skin around lips, eyes, mouth, nose and genitals, flu-like symptoms and fever, severe blistering rash, skin rash, skin lesions with a pink/red ring and a pale centre, bruising or bleeding, joint pain, skin rashes with itching, itching in the genital or vaginal area, increase or decrease in number of blood cells.
Cefixime may increase the bleeding tendency with blood thinning drugs such as warfarin. Probenecid may decrease the removal of cefixime by the kidneys. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cefixime kills bacteria by binding to specific proteins and preventing the formation of the walls that surround them. The walls are necessary to protect bacteria from their environment and to keep the contents of the bacterial cell together.
- Ximeceff (200mg)(40 Tablet in Packet)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 2.20/TabletRs. 88save 63% more per Tablet
- C Fex(200mg)(200 Tablet in Packet)Alar Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 0.78/TabletRs. 155save 87% more per Tablet
- Oritaxim O(200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 5/TabletRs. 50save 17% more per Tablet
- Cefstat (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Kaiser Drugs Pvt LtdRs. 1/TabletRs. 10save 83% more per Tablet
- Cefamax (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Mercury Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 1.19/TabletRs. 11.90save 80% more per Tablet
Can I take Milixim (200mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.