SALT INFORMATIONLevocetrizine(5 mg)
Levocetirizine is used to treat the symptoms of allergic conditions (runnin nose, watering eyes etc), such as hay fever, year round allergies due to dust or pet allergies, and chronic hives (red, itchy bumps on skin).
Sleepiness, dizziness, headache, sore throat, running nose (in children), dry mouth, abdominal pain, urge to vomit, unusual tiredness
No interactions with other drugs are expected with levocetrizine. However, it may cause impairment of performance and reduction in alertness in patients using machines or driving when taken together with drugs affecting the nervous system and alcohol. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Levocetirizine is an antihistamine. It works by blocking a substance in the body called histamine. This helps to decrease allergy symptoms and hives.
Asthma, prophylaxis of asthma.
Angioedema, headache, restlessness, abdominal pain, agitation, oedema, allergy anaphylaxis.
Montelukast is known to interact with other drugs like phenobarbital Sodium, prednisolone and prednisone, rifampicin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Montelukast selectively antagonizes leukotriene D4 (LTD4) at the cysteinyl leukotriene receptor, CysLT1, in the human airway. Montelukast inhibits the actions of LTD4 at the CysLT1 receptor, preventing airway edema, smooth muscle contraction, and enhanced secretion of thick, viscous mucus.
- Montina L Tab(10s)(10 Tablet in Strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 5/TabletRs. 50save 30% more per Tablet
- Votes Plus Tab(10s)(10 Tablet in Strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8/TabletRs. 80pay 13% more per Tablet
- Lasma Lc(10 Tablet in Strip)Apex Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 8.50/TabletRs. 85pay 20% more per Tablet
- Noal M(10 Tablet in Strip)Octavia Labs Pvt LtdRs. 9/TabletRs. 90pay 27% more per Tablet
- L Montus(10 Tablet in Strip)Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 12.90/TabletRs. 129pay 82% more per Tablet
Can I take Monticope (10mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.