SALT INFORMATIONLevocetrizine(2.5 mg.)
Levocetirizine is used to treat the symptoms of allergic conditions (runnin nose, watering eyes etc), such as hay fever, year round allergies due to dust or pet allergies, and chronic hives (red, itchy bumps on skin).
Sleepiness, dizziness, headache, sore throat, running nose (in children), dry mouth, abdominal pain, urge to vomit, unusual tiredness
No interactions with other drugs are expected with levocetrizine. However, it may cause impairment of performance and reduction in alertness in patients using machines or driving when taken together with drugs affecting the nervous system and alcohol. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Levocetirizine is an antihistamine. It works by blocking a substance in the body called histamine. This helps to decrease allergy symptoms and hives.
Porphyria, adjunct in treatment of opioid dependance.
* Montelukast is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal and year round allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma.
* Very Common: upper respiratory infection, headache, abdominal pain. * Common: diarrhea, urge to vomit, vomiting, elevated levels of liver enzymes, rash, fever. * Uncommon: behavior and mood related changes (dream abnormalities including nightmares, trouble sleeping, sleep walking, irritability, feeling anxious, restlessness, agitation including aggressive behaviour or hostility, depression), dizziness, drowsiness, pins and needles/numbness, fits, nosebleed, indigestion, dry mouth, bruising, rashes due to allergy, hives, weakness/fatigue, feeling of discomfort, swelling.
* Drugs like phenobarbital, phenytoin, gemfibrozil, and rifampicin decrease the effect of montelukast. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
* Montelukast belong to a class of medicines called leukotriene receptor antagonist (anti-asthmatic drugs). It blocks the action of certain natural substances (leukotrienes) that are involved in causing asthma and allergies. It makes breathing easier by reducing swelling in the airways.
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration * Adult: 10 mg once a day. * Children: - 2-5yrs: 4 mg once daily. - 6-14 yrs: 5 mg once daily. - ≥ 15 yrs: 10 mg once daily.
DOs and DON'Ts
* Do not take montelukast if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to montelukast or any of the other ingredients of montelukast. * Contact your doctor, if your asthma or breathing gets worse. * Montelukast is not meant to treat asthma attacks of short duration. If an attack occurs, it is advisable to always have your inhaled rescue medicine with you. * Take asthma medications prescribed only by doctor.Montelukast should not be substituted for other asthma medications your doctor has prescribed for you. * Consult your doctor if you get symptoms of flu-like illness, pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, worsening ofrespiratory symptoms, and/or rash. * Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
* Do not take montelukast if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to montelukast or any of the other ingredients of montelukast.
Q. What are the uses of montelukast/ Montek Lc/ Romilast?Montelukast (also available as Montek Lc/ Romilast) is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-inducedasthma.Q. Is montelukast steroid/antibiotic?No. Monteleukast is an leukotriene receptor antagonist which is used as an anti-asthmatic drugs.Q. Is montelukast harmful?Montelukast is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.Q. Is montelukast gluten free?Montelukast is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
* Prescribing information. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/020829Orig1s068,020830Orig1s070,021409Orig1s045lbl.pdf * Patient information leaflet. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.28219.latest.pdf * Summary of product characteristics: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/28220 * National Formulary of India. 4 th ed. India: Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission; 2011, pp. 452.
SUBSTITUTESNo substitutes found
Can I take Montral Kid Syrup(30ml) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.