SALT INFORMATIONNitazoxanide(200 mg)
Giardiasis, E.histolytics, T vaginalis, Cryptosporidium, H. pylori, Ascaria, H. nana and Enterobius vermicularis, Trichuris and trichura.
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.
Nitazoxanide is known to interact with other drugs like Warfarin (Na).
MECHANISM OF ACTION
This medication is taken up by diffusion, is selectively absorbed by anaerobic bacteria and sensitive protozoa. Once taken up by anaerobes, it is non-enzymatically reduced by reacting with reduced ferredoxin, which is generated by pyruvate oxido-reductase. Many of the reduced nitroso intermediates will form sulfinamides and thioether linkages with cysteine bearing enzymes deactivating these critical enzymes. As many as 150 separate enzymes are affected.
- Nitacure (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 2.60/TabletRs. 26save 65% more per Tablet
- Nitaure (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 2.64/TabletRs. 26.40save 65% more per Tablet
- Nitacure (200mg)(6 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 4/TabletRs. 24save 46% more per Tablet
- Nitacure (200mg)(6 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 4.33/TabletRs. 26save 42% more per Tablet
- Nitarid Dt(200mg)(6 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 5.33/TabletRs. 32save 28% more per Tablet
Can I take Netazox (200mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.