SALT INFORMATIONNitazoxanide(200 mg)
Nitazoxanide is used to prevent and treat parasitic infections of the intestine which causes diarrhea and nutritional deficiency.
* Very common: abdominal pain, diarrhea, headache, urge to vomit (nausea), and vomiting. * Uncommon: Severe allergic reactions like rash, hives, difficulty in breathing, tightness in the chest, and swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; bone pain, fainting, fast heartbeat, dizziness, and tiredness.
* Nitazoxanide may show drug interaction with warfarin and increasing their side effects or toxicity. * Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Nitazoxanide belongs to a group of medicines called antiprotozoal agents. It acts by interfering with the energy production in certain parasites and thus kills them.
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration. * For treatment of diarrhea: - Adults: 500 mg twice daily for 3 days - Children: 500 mg (7.5 mg/kg) twice daily for 3 days.
DOs and DON'Ts
* Take nitazoxanide tablets and oral suspension after food. * Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with nitazoxanide and consult your doctor:e. * Do not start or continue the nitazoxanid - If you are allergic to nitazoxanide or any constituent of drug - If you have kidney, liver, or immune system disease, or HIV infection - If you are diabetic because oral suspension contains sucrose (a type of sugar) - If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
* Do not take nitazoxanide if you are allergic to it or any of the other ingredients of the formulation. * Nitazoxanide tablets should not be given to children below 12 years of age. Only oral suspension should be used for children above 1 year of age.
Q. Is nitazoxanide an antibiotic?Yes, nitazoxanide is an antibiotic (antiprotozoal agent).Q. For what is nitazoxanide and ofloxacin tablet?Nitazoxanide and ofloxacin are used as combination therapy for diarrhea. Nitazoxanide is an antiparasitic and ofloxacin is an antibacterial agent.Q. Is nitazoxanide available over the counter?No, nitazoxanide is not available without a prescription.Q. Is nitazoxanide safe during pregnancy?Nitazoxanide should only be given during pregnancy when need has been clearly established. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.Q. Is nitazoxanide safe?Nitazoxanide is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
* Prescribing information: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2005/021818lbl.pdf * Medline plus: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a603017.html * Essentials of medical pharmacology, 6th edition
- Nitacure (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 2.60/TabletRs. 26save 65% more per Tablet
- Nitaure (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 2.64/TabletRs. 26.40save 65% more per Tablet
- Nitacure (200mg)(6 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 4/TabletRs. 24save 46% more per Tablet
- Nitacure (200mg)(6 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 4.33/TabletRs. 26save 42% more per Tablet
- Nitarid Dt(200mg)(6 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 5.33/TabletRs. 32save 28% more per Tablet
Can I take Netazox (200mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.