SALT INFORMATIONNorfloxacin(400 mg)
To treat urinary tract infections, infections of the stomach or intestines (travelers’ diarrhea), sexually transmitted diseases (gonorrhea), genital infection, prostate gland infections and eye infection.
Dizziness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, headache, indigestion, dry mouth, weakness, cramps in the abdomen, back pain, severe stomach pain, symptoms of severe sunburn such as redness, itching, swelling or blistering; constipation, tenderness, swelling of muscles joints, infections of liver, signs of anaemia, such as tiredness, being short of breath and looking pale.
Norfloxacin may interact with caffeine, clozapine, ropinirole, tacrine, theophylline, tizanidine, dexamethasone, methylprednisolone, prednisone, cyclosporine, warfarin, glyburide and probenecid. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Norfloxacin belongs to a group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones and kills a wide range of infection causing bacteria both gram positive and gram negative. It acts by inhibiting enzymes (DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV) involved in DNA processes that are essential for bacterial growth and survival thereby killing the bacteria.
- Uroflox (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.01/TabletRs. 10.09save 79% more per Tablet
- Norilet (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 1.06/TabletRs. 10.64save 78% more per Tablet
- Norstar (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.80/TabletRs. 18save 63% more per Tablet
- Nitdin (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 1.97/TabletRs. 19.73save 59% more per Tablet
- Renor (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Aurobindo Pharma LtdRs. 2.05/TabletRs. 20.55save 58% more per Tablet
Can I take Norflox (400mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.