SALT INFORMATIONOctreotide(100 mcg)
It is used for treatment of acromegaly (excessive growth hormone), pancreatic beta cell tumor, bleeding due to esophageal varices and secretory diarrhea.
Flatulence, loose stools, anorexia, abdominal pain, local pain, local reactions, steatorrhea, bloating.
Octreotide is known to interact with other drugs like bromocriptine (Mesylate), cabergoline, cimetidine (HCl), cyclosporin A, human insulin, insulin lispro, pergolide, pioglitazone. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Octreotide binds to somatostatin receptors. These receptors are coupled via pertussis toxin sensitive G proteins which lead to inhibition of adenylyl cyclase. Octreotide binding to these receptors also stimulates phosphotyrosine phosphatase and activation of the Na(+)/H(+) exchanger via pertussis toxin insensitive G proteins.
- Actide (100mcg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Samarth Life SciencesRs. 375/Powder for InjectionRs. 375pay 32% more per Powder for Injection
- Octate (100mcg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Cipla Ltd (Critical Care)Rs. 387/Powder for InjectionRs. 387pay 36% more per Powder for Injection
- Varitide (100mcg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Unique Biotech LtdRs. 395/Powder for InjectionRs. 395pay 39% more per Powder for Injection
- Okeron (100mcg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 408.70/Powder for InjectionRs. 408.70pay 43% more per Powder for Injection
- Octotide (100mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 450/Powder for InjectionRs. 450pay 58% more per Powder for Injection
Can I take Octride (100mcg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.