SALT INFORMATIONOfloxacin(200 mg)
To treat bacterial infections including urinary tract infections, respiratory infections , skin and soft tissue infections, sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix) and external eye infections (conjuctivitis).
When used as eye-drops, side effects include visual disturbance, tearing, mild stinging, burning or pricking, irritation, ocular discomfort, inflammation, redness, itching, allergic reactions in the eye (including itchiness of the eye and eyelid), sensitivity to light, eye swelling. When used orally, side effects include dizziness, nausea, allergic reactions (swelling of face, lips or other parts of the body; rash or itching on the skin; swelling of the mouth, tongue or throat that can obstruct the airways which may cause wheezing, difficulty swallowing, breathing or shortness of breath; severe sudden life-threatening allergic reaction), swelling of the face.
Ofloxacin may interact with other drugs including drugs that are used to treat the abnormal rate and rhythm of heart (antiarrythmics viz quindine, hydroquindine, disopyramide, amiodarone, sotalol, dofetilide, ibutilide), tricyclic anti-depressants , antibiotics (azithromycin) and some anti-psychotics. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Ofloxacin belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics. They cure the infection by inhibiting the DNA formation and killing the bacteria.
- Chekmet (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 2.50/TabletRs. 25save 54% more per Tablet
- Ronflox (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 2.63/TabletRs. 26.35save 52% more per Tablet
- Ofloren (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 3.30/TabletRs. 33save 40% more per Tablet
- Piraflox (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 3.30/TabletRs. 33save 40% more per Tablet
- Zanovid (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 3.80/TabletRs. 38save 31% more per Tablet
Can I take Oflomac (200mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.