SALT INFORMATIONOlmesartan Medoxomil(40 mg)
Hypertension, diabetic nephropathy, heart failure.
Headache, diarrhea, pharyngitis, hematuria, rhinitis, bronchitis, sinusitis, hyperglycemia.
Olmesartan medoxomil is known to interact with other drugs like ACE inhibitors, potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium salts, and drugs that may increase serum potassium (e.g. ciclosporin, eplerenone), concomitant use with NSAIDs. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Olmesartan medoxomil is an ARB that selectively inhibits the binding of angiotensin II to AT1, which is found in many tissues such as vascular smooth muscle and the adrenal glands. This effectively inhibits the AT1-mediated vasoconstrictive and aldosterone-secreting effects of angiotensin II and results in a decrease in vascular resistance and blood pressure. Olmesartan is selective for AT1 and has a 12,500 times greater affinity for AT1 than the AT2 receptor.
- Olmy A(40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.50/TabletRs. 15save 92% more per Tablet
- Olsertan (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 5.85/TabletRs. 58.50save 70% more per Tablet
- Olmeglare (40tab)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 8.50/TabletRs. 85save 57% more per Tablet
- Olmy Ah Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 10.99/TabletRs. 109.90save 44% more per Tablet
- Olmecip H(40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 11.69/TabletRs. 116.88save 41% more per Tablet