SALT INFORMATIONOlmesartan(40 mg)
Olmesartan is used to treat high blood pressure.
Dizziness, headache, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, stomach ache, inflammation of stomach and intestine, tiredness, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, inflammation of bronchi, flu-like symptoms, cough, pain in the chest, stomach, back, bones or joints, shortness of breath, , acidity, , excessive lowering of blood pressure, swelling in the legs/hands/ face/ blood vessels, blood in the urine, infection of the urinary tract, increase in potassium/ triglyceride/uric acid levels in the blood, increased liver and muscle enzymes, rise in blood urea.
Olmesartan may interact with drugs such as cyclosporine, eplerenone, heparin, aluminium, magnesium hydroxide, lithium drugs, and angiotensin receptor antagonist (to treat high blood pressure). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Angiotensin II is a chemical that causes muscles surrounding blood vessels to contract, thereby narrowing blood vessels. Olmesartan, blocks the action of angiotensin II resulting in enlarged blood vessels, and thus, reduced blood pressure.
- Olmephage (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Unifab PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.40/TabletRs. 14save 93% more per Tablet
- Ortan (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 8.25/TabletRs. 82.50save 58% more per Tablet
- Rasotan (40)(10 Tablet in Strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.50/TabletRs. 45save 77% more per Tablet
- Olmetime (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Mankind PharmaRs. 6.05/TabletRs. 60.50save 69% more per Tablet
- Olarbi (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Novartis Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.50/TabletRs. 105save 47% more per Tablet
Can I take Olmax (40mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.