SALT INFORMATIONOmeprazole(20 mg)
Omeprazole is used to treat regurgitation of acid and stomach contents into the food pipe (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) causing pain, inflammation and heartburn, ulcers in the upper part of the intestine (duodenal ulcer) or stomach (gastric ulcer),ulcers which are infected with bacteria called ‘Helicobacter pylori’, ulcers caused by pain-killers (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs), and too much acid in the stomach caused by a growth in the pancreas (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
Diarrhea, stomach pain, constipation, excessive passage of wind, urge to vomit, and vomiting.
Omeprazole interacts with nelfinavir, atazanavir, saquinavir, anti-fungal drugs (ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole or voriconazole), digoxin, diazepam, phenytoin, blood-thinners (warfarin or other vitamin K blockers), rifampicin, tacrolimus, cilostazol, clopidogrel, erlotinib, methotrexate, amoxicillin and clarithromycin . Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Omeprazole, a proton pump inhibitor, blocks the enzyme in the stomach wall that produces acid. This reduces the acid production in the stomach and reduces gastric acidity.
- Procid (20mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)RocheRs. 3/CapsuleRs. 30save 26% more per Capsule
- Lupome (20mg)(15 Capsule in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 3.13/CapsuleRs. 47save 23% more per Capsule
- Omecer (20mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Alpa Laboratories LtdRs. 3.20/CapsuleRs. 32save 21% more per Capsule
- Omecip (20mg)(15 Capsule in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 3.37/CapsuleRs. 50.54save 17% more per Capsule
- Ocid (20mg)(15 Capsule in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 3.37/CapsuleRs. 50.57save 17% more per Capsule
Can I take Omen (20mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.