SALT INFORMATIONPrasugrel(10 mg)
Reduction of thrombotic cardiovascular events (including stent thrombosis) in patients with acute coronary syndrome who are to be managed with percutaneous coronary intervention.
Dizziness, Tiredness, Nausea, Diarrhea, Dyspnea, Hypotension, Cough, Pain in upper & lower extremities.
Prasugrel is a weak inhibitor of CYP2B6. This effect is likely to be of clinical concern only when prasugrel is coadministered with medicinal products for which CYP2B6 is the only metabolic pathway and have a narrow therapeutic window (e.g. cyclophosphamide, efavirenz).
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Prasugrel is an thienopyridine and a prodrug which inhibits ADP receptors by irreversibly acting on the P2Y12 receptor on platelets. The active metabolite of prasugrel prevents binding of adenosine diphosphate (ADP) to its platelet receptor, impairing the ADP-mediated activation of the glycoprotein GPIIb/IIIa complex. Prasugrel is proposed to have a similar mechanism of action to clopidogrel.
- Prasutab (10)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 10.80/TabletRs. 108save 40% more per Tablet
- Prasutab (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 10.80/TabletRs. 108save 40% more per Tablet
- Prasudoc (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 12.05/TabletRs. 120.50save 33% more per Tablet
- Efiplat (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14/TabletRs. 140save 23% more per Tablet
- Prasuvas (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 14.90/TabletRs. 149save 18% more per Tablet
Can I take Prasita (10mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.