SALT INFORMATIONPregabalin(75 mg)
Pregabalin is used to treat seizures, pain caused by damage to the nerves, and generalized anxiety disorders in adults.
Common side-effects include headache, sleepiness, dizziness, increased appetite, feeling of elation, confusion, disorientation, decrease in sexual interest , irritability, decreased attention span, memory impairment, abnormal sensations (tingling, numbness), blurred vision, spinning sensation, double vision, difficulty in achieving and maintaining penile erection, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, excessive passage of wind or gas, weight gain, sore throat, and swelling of the body.
Pregabalin when used with medicinal products containing oxycodone, lorazepam and alcohol may increase the side effects like vertigo, sleepiness, decreased concentration. Alcohol consumption should be avoided when taking the drug pregabalin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Pregabalin modifies the release of certain substances released by the nerves in the brain (neurotransmitters) to restrict the transfer of pain signals between nerves, thereby reducing pain caused by damage to the nerves, as well as symptoms of seizures.
- Topage (75mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)LEO PharmaRs. 3/TabletRs. 30save 72% more per Tablet
- Recobal (75mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 7.95/TabletRs. 79.50save 25% more per Tablet
- Pregeb Plus(75mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.83/TabletRs. 88.31save 17% more per Tablet
- Gb Lin Plus(75mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 8.90/TabletRs. 89save 16% more per Tablet
- Recobal M(75mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 8.95/TabletRs. 89.50save 16% more per Tablet
Can I take Pregastar Plus(75mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Can I take Pregastar Plus(75mg) while breastfeeding/lactation?
Can I take Pregastar Plus(75mg) with alcohol?
Since there is some doubt about the results of concurrent use in this interaction, it is advised to give some guidance to the patient about its possible adverse effects and/or consider close monitoring.