SALT INFORMATIONLevofloxacin(500 mg)
To treat bacterial infections of sinuses, lungs, urinary tract, including kidneys or bladder; prostate gland, and skin and soft tissue infections.
Urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, indigestion, constipation, headache, sleeping problems, dizziness, anxiety, restlessness, confusion, fever, rash, or severe skin reactions (Stevens Johnson syndrome), itching, liver dysfunction (elevated liver enzymes) and pounding, thumping or fluttering sensation in the chest (palpitations).
Levofloxacin is known to interact with other drugs like aluminium hydroxide and oxide, sucralfate, cyclosporin A, fenbufen, probenecid, cimetidine, theophylline, cyclosporine, warfarin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Levofloxacin belongs to a group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones and kills a wide range of infection causing bacteria both gram positive and gram negative. It acts by inhibiting enzymes (DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV) involved in DNA processes that are essential for bacterial growth and survival thereby killing the bacteria.
- Livact (500mg)(100 Tablet in Packet)Cipla LtdRs. 0.50/TabletRs. 50save 94% more per Tablet
- Levocad (500mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 3.20/TabletRs. 32save 59% more per Tablet
- Oroflox L(500mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ortin Laboratories LtdRs. 3.75/TabletRs. 37.50save 52% more per Tablet
- Levoday (500mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 5.37/TabletRs. 53.70save 31% more per Tablet
- Elvox (500mg)(5 Tablet in Strip)Elder Pharamaceuticals LtdRs. 5.99/TabletRs. 29.95save 23% more per Tablet
Can I take Quinolev (500mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.