Psychosis, particularly negative and cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia, depression. Somatoform disorders, dyspepsia, gastro-esophageal reflux and irritable bowel syndrome.
Amenorrhoea, gynaecomastia, galactorrhoea, changes in libido.Potentially Fatal: Neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
Reduced bioavailability with sucralfate, aluminium- and magnesium-containing antacids. Effect on GI motility may be antagonised by anticholinergic agents, narcotics and analgesics. Avoid alcohol.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Levosulpiride is a substituted benzamide, which exerts antidopaminergic (selective dopamine D2 receptors) activity on both central and peripheral levels. It is an atypical neuroleptic and a prokinetic agent.
Rabeprazole is used to treat symptoms of gastric acidity, gastro-intestinal reflux disease (heart burn), stomach and intestinal ulcers, and diseases associated with excessive acid production (Zollinger Ellison Syndrome).
Infections, sleeplessness, headache, dizziness, cough sore throat, fever, running nose, diarrhea, urge to vomit, vomiting, constipation, excessive passage of wind or gas, back pain, weakness, and flu-like symptoms.
Rabeprazole may interact with other drugs including ketoconazole or itraconazole (used to treat infections caused by a fungus) and atazanavir (used to treat HIV infection) and lower the amount of these drugs in blood. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by inhibiting the pump that produces acid, thereby decreasing the amount of acid produced by the stomach. This prevents ulcers formation and facilitates the healing process. It can also reduce the symptoms of acid reflux disease, such as heartburn by decreasing the amount of acid.
- Neopride Total Cap(10 Capsule in Strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.50/CapsuleRs. 14.98save 92% more per Capsule
- Wokride Cap(10s)(10 Capsule in Strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 10.85/CapsuleRs. 108.50save 43% more per Capsule
- Sonirab Ls(10 Capsule in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 14.99/CapsuleRs. 149.90save 21% more per Capsule
- Happi L(10 Capsule in Strip)Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd (German Remedies)Rs. 12/CapsuleRs. 120save 37% more per Capsule
- Drego Ls Cap(10s)(10 Capsule in Strip)USV LtdRs. 15/CapsuleRs. 150save 21% more per Capsule
Can I take Razo L Cap during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.