* Methylcobalamin is an active form of vitamin B12, which is used to treat anemia as well as nerve damage with numbness, tingling, pain in various neurological disorders.
* Generally Methylcobalamin is well tolerated. However, a few side effects like gastrointestinal discomfort (including loss of apetitte, urge to vomit or loose motions) and rash may be seen after administration.
* Methylcobalamin may interact with metformin, H2 receptor antagonists (cimetidine, ranitidine etc), antibiotics (chloramphenicol, neomycin, aminosalicylic acid and aminoglycosides group e.g. gentamicin), colchicine, phenobarbitol. These drugs may alter the effects of each other. * Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
* Methylcobalamin plays a key role in recovery process of damaged nerve cells and also it maintainins proper function of nerve cells.
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration. * Peripheral neuropathies in adult: 1500 mcg/day in 3 divided doses.
DOs and DON'Ts
* Do not take methylcobalmin if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to methylcobalamin, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. * Tell your doctor if your occupation requireds you to handle mercury or its compound. * Do not use methylcobalamin over a period of months, if there is a lack of satisfactory clinical response.
* Methylcobalamin should not be taken by patients who are allergic (hypersensitive) to methylcobalamin, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Q. What is methylcobalamin/ mecobalamin/Neurokind/ Nurokind OD?Methylcobalamin (mecobalamin/Neurokind/ Nurokind OD) is an active form of vitamin B12. It is water soluble and orally absorbed. It is found in animal-based foods and in supplement form.Q. Is methylcobalamin safe in pregnancy?Methylcobalamin is not recommended in pregnancy. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.Q. Is methylcobalamin the same as cyanocobalamin?No. Cyanocobalamin is different form of vitamin B12.Q. What is Nurokind G, Nurokind plus, Nurokind Next, Nurokind LC, Nurokind Gold?Nurokind G contains methylcobalmine and gabapentin. Nurokind plus contains methylcobalamin, folic acid, vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and alfa lipoic Acid. Nurokind Next contains methlcobalamin, alphalipoic acid, benfotiamine, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, folic acid, chromium. NurokindL C contains L-carnitine, L-tartrate, methylcobalamin, folic acid. Nurokind Gold contains ginseng extract, mixed carotene 10%, niacinamide, vitamin B6, methylcobalamin, vitamin D3, refined wheat germ oil, folic acid, elemental calcium, elemental phosphorus, ferrous fumarate, zinc sulphate monohydrate, elemental magnesium, elemental manganese, elemental copper, elemental iodine, elementalpotassium.
* Prescribing information: www.aci-bd.com/Brand/Phyton.pdf * Patient information leaflet. portal.bpfk.gov.my/view_file.cfm?fileid=1476
Pregabalin is used to treat fits (seizures), pain caused by damage to the nerves, and generalized anxiety disorders in adults.
* Very Common: Dizziness, drowsiness, headache. * Common: Feeling of elation, confusion, disorientation, decrease in sexual interest, irritability, disturbance in attention, clumsiness, memory impairment, loss of memory, tremor, difficulty with speaking, tingling feeling, numbness, sedation, sleepiness (lethargy), unable to sleep (insomnia), fatigue, feeling abnormal, blurred vision, double vision, vertigo, problems with balance, fall, dry mouth, Increased appetite, difficulty in passing stool (constipation), vomiting, gas (flatulence), loose motions (diarrhea), urge to vomit (nausea), difficulties with erection, swelling of the body including extremities, feeling drunk, abnormal style of walking, weight gain, muscle cramp, joint pain, back pain, pain in limb, tiredness, sore throat. * Uncommon: decrease in white blood cells (neutropenia), severe allergic reactions (hypersensitivity), loss of appetite (anorexia), abnormal fall in blood glucose level (hypoglycemia), hallucination, mood swings, word finding difficulty, abnormal dreams. * Rare: Abnormal sense of smell, swinging vision, altered perception of depth, visual brightness, vision loss, dilated pupils, cross eyes, cold sweat, tightness of the throat, swollen tongue, inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis), difficulty in swallowing.
* Pregabalin when taken along with oxycodone, lorazepam, ethanol may increase the side effects of pregabalin. * Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Pregabalin belongs to group of medications called antiepileptics. It acts by modifying the release of certain substances released by the nerves in the brain (neurotransmitters) to restrict the transfer of pain signals between nerves, thereby reducing pain caused by damage to the nerves, as well as symptoms of fits (seizures).
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration * Treatment of seizures: 150-600 mg daily divided in 2-3 doses.
DOs and DON'Ts
* Do not drive or operate machinery after taking pregabalin because you may feel sleepy. * Do not start or continue the pregabalin tablets: - If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to pregabalin or any of the other ingredients of pregabalin. - If you experience blurring or loss of vision, or any changes in eyesight. - If you develop thoughts of harming yourself - If you are pregnant. * Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking pregabalin tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as heart disease, liver disease, diabetes with weight gain and kidney disease. * Consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects: swelling in the face, lip, tongue, throat, (angioedema) and/ or other organs, sudden muscle pain. * Always consult your doctor before making any changes to medication.
* Children below 18 years. * Patients with known hypersensitivity to pregabalin.
Q. Is pregabalin a painkiller/antipsychotic/ SSRI/ NSAID/ benzo?No. Pregabalin is ant-epileptic and specifically used to treat fits (seizures), pain caused by damage to the nerves, and generalized anxiety disorders in adults. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.Q. Is pregabalin/ Lyrica addictive?No. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration.Q. Is pregabalin/ Lyrica a steroid/ opiate/ narcotic?No. Pregabalin is used to relieve neuropathic pain (pain from damaged nerves) that can occur in your arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, or toes and also used to treat fits (seizure).Q. Is pregabalin/ Lyrica safe?Pregabalin/ Lyrica is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.Q. Is Lyrica available in India?Yes, it is available in India. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.Q. Is Lyrica and gabapentin the same?Lyrica contains the drug pregabalin which is different from gabapentin. However, both come under category of antiepileptics.Q. Is pregabalin controlled?Yes, it is controlled drug.Q. What is Pregeb M 75/ Pregeb M OD 75?These are the brand names of drug pregabalin.Q. How long can I take pregabalin for?Pregabalin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.Q. What can I take for Lyrica withdrawal?In order to speed up the withdrawal process, it is recommended to engage in healthy activities such as: getting light exercise, socializing, and staying productive. Additionally it is recommended to eat a healthy diet, get plenty of rest, and consider taking supplements that promote healing. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding this.Q. Can I take pregabalin with paracetamol/ tramadol/ ibuprofen/ Co-codamol/ codeine/ diazepam / naproxen/ sertraline/ gabapentin/ amitryptiline/ Cymbalta/ Prozac/ Tylenol/ Soma/ Xanax/ Suboxone/ methadone/ zopiclone?Taking other medicines may alter the effects of pregabalin. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.Q. Does pregabalin make you high/ tired?No. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.Q. Does pregabalin cause headaches/ constipation/ nausea/ weight gain / hair loss/ high blood pressure/ changes in body weight loss?Pregabalin causing these side effects are rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.Q. Does pregabalin help with OCD?Pregabalin is being tried in anxiety and OCD and it is being found effective. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its useQ. Can I take Lyrica for back pain, Sciatica, toothache, headache, arthritis, depression?Lyrica is used to treat fits (seizures), pain caused by damage to the nerves, and generalized anxiety disorders in adults. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its useQ. Does Lyrica work for fibromyalgia?Yes. Your doctor may prescribe Lyrica for fibromyalgia.
1. US prescribing information. 2. Summary of product characteristics. http:/ / www.medicines.org.uk/ emc/ medicine/ 146513. Prescribing information leaflet. http:/ / www.medicines.org.uk/ emc/ PIL.14707.latest.pdf
- Pregalin M Sr(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.90/TabletRs. 89save 12% more per Tablet
- Peg Sr M(75mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 9.50/TabletRs. 95save 7% more per Tablet
- Me Pxl(10 Tablet in Strip)Systopic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 8.50/TabletRs. 85save 16% more per Tablet
- Gabasafe Plus Sr(75)(10 Tablet in Strip)Aristo Pharma LtdRs. 8.50/TabletRs. 85save 16% more per Tablet
- Pregadoc M Sr(150mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 16.90/TabletRs. 169pay 66% more per Tablet
Can I take Rejusite during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Can I take Rejusite while breastfeeding/lactation?
Can I take Rejusite with alcohol?
Since there is some doubt about the results of concurrent use in this interaction, it is advised to give some guidance to the patient about its possible adverse effects and/or consider close monitoring.