SALT INFORMATIONMetoprolol(50 mg)
Metoprolol is used to treat high blood pressure, fast and irregular heartbeat, chest pain and for prophylaxis of migraine.
Slow heart rate, breathlessness on exertion, dizziness, headache, tiredness, fall in blood pressure with change of posture, urge to vomit, vomiting, loose stools, constipation, cold hands and feet.
Drugs such as rifampicin, cimetidine, alcohol, hydralazine verapamil, diltiazem, quinidine, amiodarone, digitalis glycosides, inhalation anaesthetics, lidocaine, indometacin, epinephrine, nifedipine, and ergotamine may interfere with the metabolism of metoprolol. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Beta-2 receptors are responsible for the stimulation of heart rate and contractility. Metoprolol blocks these beta-2 receptors thus lowering the blood pressure and maintaining the normal heart rate and rhythm.
- Mepol (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.70/TabletRs. 7save 89% more per Tablet
- Metar (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ortin Laboratories LtdRs. 2.50/TabletRs. 25save 60% more per Tablet
- Meter (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ortin Laboratories LtdRs. 2.50/TabletRs. 25save 60% more per Tablet
- Metolar F(50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 2.60/TabletRs. 26save 59% more per Tablet
- Betaloc (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Astra ZenecaRs. 2.71/TabletRs. 27.10save 57% more per Tablet
Can I take Revelol XI(50mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.