SALT INFORMATIONRisperidone(1 mg)
It is used in the treatment of psychosis (Schizophrenia) and bipolar disorder.
Parkinsonism, ventricular tachycardia, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, torsades de pointes, dizziness, headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, anxiety, constipation, insomnia, abdominal pain, blurred vision, Rashes.
Risperidone is known to interact with other drugs like alcohol, clozapine, guanethidine, metoclopramide (HCl), pioglitazone. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Blockade of dopaminergic D2 receptors in the limbic system alleviates positive symptoms of schizophrenia such as hallucinations, delusions, and erratic behavior and speech. Blockade of serotonergic 5-HT2 receptors in the mesocortical tract, causes an excess of dopamine and an increase in dopamine transmission, resulting in an increase in dopamine transmission and an elimination of core negative symptoms.
- Risnia (30ml)(30 ml Syrup in Bottle)Cipla Ltd(Protec)Rs. 42.50/SyrupRs. 42.50save 30% more per Syrup
- Rispid (50ml)(50 ml Syrup in Bottle)Panacea Biotec Ltd (Ecolity)Rs. 90/SyrupRs. 90save 11% more per Syrup
- Genrest (60ml)(60 ml Syrup in Bottle)Gentech Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 88.50/SyrupRs. 88.50save 27% more per Syrup
- Risdone (60ml)(60 ml Syrup in Bottle)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 105.50/SyrupRs. 105.50save 13% more per Syrup
- Sizodon (60ml)(60 ml Syrup in Bottle)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 140/SyrupRs. 140pay 16% more per Syrup
Can I take Risnia during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.