SALT INFORMATIONMeropenem(1000 mg)
Nosocomial infections like septicaemia, febrile neutropenia, intraabdominal and pelvic infections, etc. caused by cephalosporin-resistant bacteria. For P aeruginosa infections, it should be combined with an aminoglycoside.
Pseudomembranous colitis, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia, seizures, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, rashes, urticaria, pruritus, elevation of liver enzymes.
Meropenem is known to interact with other drugs like probenecid, sodium valproate. These interactions are sometimes beneficial and sometimes may pose threats to life. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
The bactericidal activity of meropenem results from the inhibition of cell wall synthesis. Meropenem readily penetrates the cell wall of most Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria to reach penicillin-binding- protein (PBP) targets. Its strongest affinities are toward PBPs 2, 3 and 4 of Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa; and PBPs 1, 2 and 4 of Staphylococcus aureus.
- Synmero (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Sanify Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 139.90/Powder for InjectionRs. 139.90save 87% more per Powder for Injection
- Meromac (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 592/Powder for InjectionRs. 592save 45% more per Powder for Injection
- Mexico (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Reco Drugs Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 750/Powder for InjectionRs. 750save 31% more per Powder for Injection
- Zaxter Kit(1gm)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 899/Powder for InjectionRs. 899save 17% more per Powder for Injection
- Penmax (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Ace Kinetics Health Care Pvt LtdRs. 990/Powder for InjectionRs. 990save 9% more per Powder for Injection
Can I take Ronem (1000mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.