SALT INFORMATIONPiroxicam(20 mg)
Acute gout, Acute spasm and spasm in diagnostic procedures, Ankylosing spondylitis, Benign gastric and duodenal ulceration, Duodenal ulceration, Gout, Juvenile chronic arthritis, Musculoskeletal disorders, Nausea and vomiting (palliative care), Osteoarthritis, Pain, Resistant oedema, Rheumatoid arthritis.
Dizziness, Headache, Palpitation, Insomnia, Confusion, VertigoX, Hearing loss, Mood swings, Paresthesias, Hypoglycemia.
ncreased risk of hyperkalaemia when used with ACE inhibitors and potassium-sparing diuretics.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Piroxicam is a NSAID, belonging to the oxicam group. It inhibits prostaglandin synthesis, reduces fever by acting on the heat-regulating center of the hypothalamus, inhibits platelet-aggregating substance thromboxane A2 and reduces pain receptor sensitivity. It also exerts anti-inflammatory effect by lysosomal stabilisation, kinin and leukotriene production, alteration of chemotactic factors and neutrophil activation inhibition.
- Meloxi (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 2.25/TabletRs. 22.50pay 50% more per Tablet
- Micropec (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 2.27/TabletRs. 22.70pay 51% more per Tablet
- Movon Dt(20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 2.95/TabletRs. 29.50pay 97% more per Tablet
- Oroxycam Dt(20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ortin Laboratories LtdRs. 3/TabletRs. 30pay 100% more per Tablet
- Oroxicam Dt(20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ortin Laboratories LtdRs. 3/TabletRs. 30pay 100% more per Tablet
Can I take Roxidin Dt(20mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.