SALT INFORMATIONHaloperidol(5 mg)
Adjunctive therapy, agitation and restlessness, anxiety, Breast cancer (unlicensed indication), childhood-onset pervasive deviation, disorder, diagnostic procedures, emesis, enhance permeation of SC or IM inj, gille de la tourette syndrome, hiccough, hiccup, hypercalcaemia of malignancy, hypomania, intractable hiccup, maintenance in schizophrenia and other psychoses, mania, motor TICS, nausea and vomiting.
Tardive dyskinesia, parkinsonism, neurological complications, akathisia, oculogyric dystonia, torticollis, grimacing, constipation, dry mouth, blurred vision, urinary retension, nasal stiffiness, Orthostatic hypotension, urinary frequency, cardiovascular effects.
Haloperidol is known to interact with other drugs like adrenaline, amiodarone (HCl), atomoxetine HCl, buspirone (HCl), carbamazepine, clomipramine (HCl), clonidine (HCl), clozapine, dexamphetamine (Sulphate), dextromethorphan, droperidol, fluoxetine (HCl), guanethidine, haloperidol, imipramine (HCl), indomethacin, levodopa, lithium, methylamphetamine, methyldopa, metoclopramide (HCl), paroxetine, pramipexole, prochlorperazine, protriptyline (HCl), rifampicin, ritonavir. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Haloperidol seems to inhibit the ascending reticular activating system of the brain stem (possibly through the caudate nucleus), thereby interrupting the impulse between the diencephalon and the cortex. The drug may antagonize the actions of glutamic acid within the extrapyramidal system, and inhibitions of catecholamine receptors. Haloperidol may also inhibit the reuptake of various neurotransmitters in the midbrain, and appears to have a strong central antidopaminergic and weak central anticholinergic activity.
- Serenace (5mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)RPG Life Sciences Ltd (Acumed)Rs. 6.46/Powder for InjectionRs. 6.46pay 36% more per Powder for Injection
- Senorm (5mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.50/Powder for InjectionRs. 6.50pay 37% more per Powder for Injection
- Mindol (5mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Micro Labs LtdRs. 4.50/Powder for InjectionRs. 4.50save 5% more per Powder for Injection
- Relinase (5mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Reliance Formulation Pvt LtdRs. 5.89/Powder for InjectionRs. 5.89pay 24% more per Powder for Injection
- Halo (5mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Concord Biotech LtdRs. 6/Powder for InjectionRs. 6pay 26% more per Powder for Injection
Can I take Senorm (5mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.