SALT INFORMATIONSimvastatin(10 mg)
Hyperlipidaemia,Cardiovascular risk reduction,Homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia.
Headache, nausea, flatulence, heartburn, abdominal pain, diarrhoea/constipation.
May cause slight elevation of serum digoxin. May increase risk of bleeding when used with coumarins and fluindione.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Simvastatin is a prodrug metabolised in the liver to form the active ?-hydroxyacid derivative. This inhibits the conversion of HMG-CoA to mevalonic acid by blocking HMG-CoA reductase, an early and rate-limiting step in cholesterol biosynthesis. It reduces total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol and triglycerides and increases HDL-cholesterol levels.
- Starstat (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 2.46/TabletRs. 24.57save 17% more per Tablet
- Vastatin (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Aurobindo Pharma Ltd (Argus)Rs. 4.25/TabletRs. 42.50pay 44% more per Tablet
- Simvastol (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 2/TabletRs. 20save 32% more per Tablet
- Svt (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Elder Pharamaceuticals LtdRs. 6/TabletRs. 60pay 103% more per Tablet
- Simvin (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Medley Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.50/TabletRs. 35pay 19% more per Tablet
Can I take Simvofix (10mg) during pregnancy?
The drug should not be used by pregnant women. Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown high risk to fetus. The risk of drug use in pregnant women outweighs the benefit.