SALT INFORMATIONRisperidone(1 mg)
It is used in the treatment of psychosis (Schizophrenia) and bipolar disorder.
Parkinsonism, ventricular tachycardia, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, torsades de pointes, dizziness, headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, anxiety, constipation, insomnia, abdominal pain, blurred vision, Rashes.
Risperidone is known to interact with other drugs like alcohol, clozapine, guanethidine, metoclopramide (HCl), pioglitazone. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Blockade of dopaminergic D2 receptors in the limbic system alleviates positive symptoms of schizophrenia such as hallucinations, delusions, and erratic behavior and speech. Blockade of serotonergic 5-HT2 receptors in the mesocortical tract, causes an excess of dopamine and an increase in dopamine transmission, resulting in an increase in dopamine transmission and an elimination of core negative symptoms.
- Rispid (1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Panacea Biotec Ltd (Ecolity)Rs. 0.74/TabletRs. 7.40save 67% more per Tablet
- Risnia Md(1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 1.30/TabletRs. 13save 42% more per Tablet
- Risclam (1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.33/TabletRs. 13.30save 41% more per Tablet
- Riscalm (1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.40/TabletRs. 14save 38% more per Tablet
- Sizomax (1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)RPG Life Sciences Ltd (Acumed)Rs. 1.40/TabletRs. 14save 38% more per Tablet
Can I take Sizodon during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.