SALT INFORMATIONMetoprolol Tartrate(25 mg)
Hypertension, angina pectoris, adjunct in hyperthyroidism, cardiac arrhythmias, prophylaxis of migraine.
Bradycardia, hypotension, arterial insufficiency, chest pain, CHF, oedema, palpitation, syncope, gangrene, dizziness, fatigue, depression, confusion, headache, insomnia, short-term memory loss, nightmares, somnolence; pruritus, rash, increased psoriasis, reversible alopecia, sexual dysfunction/impotence.
Metoprolol is known to interact with other drugs like reserpine and MAOIs, cardiac glycosides, nondihydropyridine calcium-channel blockers, myocardial depressant general anaesthetics. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Metoprolol competes with adrenergic neurotransmitters such as catecholamines for binding at beta(1)-adrenergic receptors in the heart. Beta(1)-receptor blockade results in a decrease in heart rate, cardiac output, and blood pressure.
- Revelol Sa(25tab)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 2/TabletRs. 20save 55% more per Tablet
- Metolar (25mg)(15 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 2.04/TabletRs. 30.67save 54% more per Tablet
- Betaloc (25mg)(15 Tablet in Strip)Astra ZenecaRs. 3.27/TabletRs. 49.10save 26% more per Tablet
- Revolol Xl(25mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 4.54/TabletRs. 45.35pay 2% more per Tablet
- Revelol XI(25mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 4.54/TabletRs. 45.35pay 2% more per Tablet
Can I take Starpress Xl(25mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.