SALT INFORMATIONVoglibose(0.3 mg)
To reduce high post meal glucose level in diabetes mellitus in patients who have been using other diabetic medications.
Diarrhea, loose stools, abdominal pain, constipation, loss of appetite, urge to vomit (nausea),vomiting, heartburn, increased gas, and intestinal obstruction like symptoms due to increased intestinal gas. Hypoglycemia, delay in digestion and absorption of disaccharides, fulminant hepatitis, serious liver dysfunction with increased liver enzymes, jaundice, anemia, numbness, edema, blurred vision, hot flushes, malaise, weakness, increased potassium levels, hyperkalemia, increased pancreatic enzyme (serum amylase).
Voglibose when used in combination with sulfonylamide, sulfonylurea, biguanide, insulin, atenolol, aspirin, symptoms associated with low blood sugar may occur. It also interacts with drugs like selegiline, warfarin, fenofibrate, epinephrine and thyroxine. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Voglibose delays the digestion and absorption of carbohydrate in the intestine by inhibiting intestinal enzyme (alpha glucosidase) which results in reduction of increase in blood glucose level after meal.
- Vozuca Activ(0.3mg Tab 60mg)(60 Tablet in Packet)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 2.50/TabletRs. 150save 24% more per Tablet
- Vozuca (0.3mg)(60 Tablet in Packet)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 3.63/TabletRs. 217.50pay 10% more per Tablet
- Vozuca Activ(0.3mg)(60 Tablet in Packet)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 3.63/TabletRs. 217.50pay 10% more per Tablet
- Ppg (0.3)(30 Tablet in Packet)RocheRs. 5.17/TabletRs. 155pay 57% more per Tablet
- Glybose (0.3)(10 Tablet in Strip)Strides Arcolab LtdRs. 5.30/TabletRs. 53pay 61% more per Tablet
Can I take Starvog (0.3mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.