SALT INFORMATIONDoripenem(500 mg)
Complicated intra-abdominal infections, complicated urinary tract infections, pyelonephritis, nosocomial pneumonia.
Headache, nausea, diarrhoea, rash, phlebitis, elevated hepatic enzymes, oral candidiasis, anaemia, vulvomycotic infection, renal impairment, neutropenia, leucopenia, thrombocytopenia.
Doripenem is known to interact with other drugs like valproic acid, probenecid. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Doripenem is a broad-spectrum carbapenem with potent in vitro antibacterial activity against aerobic and anaerobic gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria including Pseudomonas aeruginosa. It inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis by binding to penicillin-binding proteins; which in turn inhibits the final transpeptidase step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell walls.
- Dorikem (500mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 2800/Powder for InjectionRs. 2800same price
- Inarem (500)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2800/Powder for InjectionRs. 2800same price
- Icupen (500mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 2850/Powder for InjectionRs. 2850pay 2% more per Powder for Injection
- Dorinosa (500mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 2950/Powder for InjectionRs. 2950pay 5% more per Powder for Injection
- Doriglen (500mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3250/Powder for InjectionRs. 3250pay 16% more per Powder for Injection
Can I take Sudopen (500mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.