SALT INFORMATIONAceclofenac(100 mg)
Aceclofenac is used to relieve pain and inflammation of joints and vertebrae in conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
The most common side effects are gastrointestinal in nature including ulcers in the mouth, stomach and small intestine, urge to vomit, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, excessive passage of wing or gas, indigestion, abdominal pain, blood in stools. Other common side effects are swelling of part or whole of the body, increased blood pressure, heart failure, and severe allergic reactions.
Aceclofenac may increase concentrations of lithium, digoxin and methotrexate in the blood, increase the activity of anticoagulants (warfarin), reduce the activity of diuretics (furosemide) and anti-hypertensives, cause increased toxicity in kidney (cyclosporine). Interaction with quinolone antibiotics (ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin), anti-diabetic drugs, pain killers (aspirin, ibuprofen), or corticosteroids can cause adverse effects. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Aceclofenac works by blocking the effect of chemicals called cyclooxygenase enzymes. These enzymes help to make other chemicals in the body, called prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are produced at sites of injury or damage, and cause pain and swelling. By blocking the effect of cyclooxygenase enzymes, production of prostaglandins are reduced, thus, pain and swelling are eased.
- Movace Fc(100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 1.20/TabletRs. 12save 91% more per Tablet
- Xadoo (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.50/TabletRs. 15save 89% more per Tablet
- Valdone Bcd(100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.60/TabletRs. 16save 89% more per Tablet
- Peale (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.60/TabletRs. 16save 89% more per Tablet
- Arflur Dt(100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 1.60/TabletRs. 16save 89% more per Tablet
Can I take Thiospas A(4) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.