SALT INFORMATIONMesalazine(400 mg)
Mild to moderate ulcerative colitis and maintenance of remission.
Bronchospasm, nephrotic syndrome, blood dyscrasias, myocarditis, pericarditis, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, rashes, hair loss, chest pain, leukopenia.
Mesalazine is known to interact with other drugs like lactulose. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Mucosal production of arachidonic acid metabolites, both through the cyclooxygenase pathways, i.e., prostanoids, and through the lipoxygenase pathways, i.e., leukotrienes and hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acids, is increased in patients with chronic inflammatory bowel disease, and it is possible that mesalazine diminishes inflammation by blocking cyclooxygenase and inhibiting prostaglandin production in the colon.
- Todocol (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.37/TabletRs. 63.69pay 10% more per Tablet
- Mesacol (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.35/TabletRs. 73.45pay 27% more per Tablet
- Walasa (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.91/TabletRs. 49.12save 15% more per Tablet
- 5a (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.91/TabletRs. 49.12save 15% more per Tablet
- Walas (400mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 5.40/TabletRs. 54.03save 7% more per Tablet
Can I take Tidocol (400mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.