SALT INFORMATIONOlanzapine(10 mg)
Schizophrenia.Acute mixed or manic episodes in bipolar disorder.
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) can reduce blood concentrations of olanzapine, possibly necessitating higher doses of olanzapine. Other drugs that may also reduce blood levels of olanzapine areomeprazole (Prilosec) and rifampin. Smoking may reduce blood concentrations of olanzapine. Ciprofloxacin (Cipro), diltiazem (Cardizem, Dilacor, Tiazac), erythromycin, and fluvoxamine (Luvox) may have the opposite effect, that is, they may increase blood levels of olanzapine, and the dose of olanzapine may need to be reduced. Olanzapine can causeorthostatic hypotension, a drop in blood pressure upon standing up that may cause dizziness or even fainting. Taking olanzapine with eitherdiazepam (Valium), other related benzodiazepines or alcohol can exaggerate the orthostatic hypotension caused by olanzapine.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Olanzapine is an atypical antipsychotic, produces antischizophrenic effect through a a combination ofÂ dopamine type 2 (D2) and serotoninÂ type 2 (5-HT2) antagonisms.
- Olandus (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.51/TabletRs. 45.11pay 70% more per Tablet
- Onza (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 4.75/TabletRs. 47.50pay 79% more per Tablet
- Psychozap (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.75/TabletRs. 47.50pay 79% more per Tablet
- Psycholanz (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 4.75/TabletRs. 47.50pay 79% more per Tablet
- Zypine (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 5/TabletRs. 50pay 88% more per Tablet
Can I take Tolaz Md(10mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.