SALT INFORMATIONClobetasole Propionate(0.05%W/W)
Headache, Fatigue, Nausea, Constipation, Dry mouth, Sedation, Skin rash, Gastralgia.
If overdose is suspected, contact your physician.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
The precise mechanism of the antiinflammatory activity of topical steroids in the treatment of steroid-responsive dermatoses, in general, is uncertain. However, corticosteroids are thought to act by the induction of phospholipase A2 inhibitory proteins, collectively called lipocortins. It is postulated that these proteins control the biosynthesis of potent mediators of inflammation such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes by inhibiting the release of their common precursor arachidonic acid. Arachidonic acid is released from membrane phospholipids by phospholipase A2. Initially, however, clobetasol, like other corticosteroids, bind to the glucocorticoid receptor, which complexes, enteres the cell nucleus and modifies genetic transcription (transrepression/transactivation).
- Powercort Skin(15gm)(15 g Cream in Packet)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.13/CreamRs. 11.13save 63% more per Cream
- Betanate Skin(10gm)(10 g Cream in Tube)Cfl Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Cosme Healthcare)Rs. 22.50/CreamRs. 22.50pay 12% more per Cream
- Closol Skin(15gm)(15 g Cream in Tube)Sapient Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 28.90/CreamRs. 28.90save 4% more per Cream
- Psorobet Skin(15gm)(15 g Cream in Tube)Bombay Tablet Mfg Co Pvt LtdRs. 31.95/CreamRs. 31.95pay 7% more per Cream
- Excel Skin(15gm)(15 g Cream in Tube)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 32.80/CreamRs. 32.80pay 9% more per Cream
Can I take Topinate Skin(30gm) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.