SALT INFORMATIONTopiramate(50 mg)
Adjunctive treatment of partial seizures, oedema, seizures, seizures associated with lennox gastaut syndrome.
Dizziness, ataxia, nervousness, confusion, pharyngitis, depression, edema, hot flushes, somnolence, chest pain, backache, rigors, xerostomia, speech problems.
Topiramate is known to interact with other drugs like carbamazepine, digoxin, fosphenytoin, phenytoin (Na). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Topiramate blocks the action potentials elicited repetitively by a sustained depolarization of the neurons in a time dependent manner. Topiramate also augments the activity of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyrate (GABA) at some subtypes of the GABAA receptor (controls an integral chloride channel), indicating a possible mechanism through potentiation of the activity of GABA.
- Topiram (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 3.71/TabletRs. 37.06save 61% more per Tablet
- Topema (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 4.90/TabletRs. 49save 48% more per Tablet
- Epitome (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Triton Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 3.40/TabletRs. 34save 64% more per Tablet
- Nextop (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.40/TabletRs. 84save 11% more per Tablet
- Topirain (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 8.63/TabletRs. 86.32save 8% more per Tablet
Can I take Topirol (50mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.