Gram negative folliculitis, keratinization disorders, mild acne in patients with dysmorphohobia, rosacea, severe acne.
Thrombocytopenia, hepatitis, myalgia, hypercholesterolemia, alopecia, abdominal pain, blurred vision, arthralgia, cheilitis, nasal bleeding, skin sepsis, desquamation, facial dermatitis, epistaxis.
Isotretinoin is known to interact with other drugs like carbamazepine, resorcinol, retinol (Vitamin A), sodium thiosulphate, tetracycline (HCl). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Isotretinoin noticeably reduces the production of sebum and shrinks the sebaceous glands. It stabilises keratinization and prevents comedones from forming. It also reduces inflammation in moderate-severe inflammatory acne. The exact mechanism of action is unknown, however it is known that it alters DNA transcription.
- Acnex (20mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 11.71/CapsuleRs. 117.10save 22% more per Capsule
- Acnex (20mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 12.39/CapsuleRs. 123.89save 18% more per Capsule
- Acnestar (20mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Mankind PharmaRs. 8.75/CapsuleRs. 87.54save 42% more per Capsule
- Yerdon (20mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Auriga LabsRs. 9.90/CapsuleRs. 99save 34% more per Capsule
- Acnestar (20mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Mankind PharmaRs. 10.40/CapsuleRs. 104save 31% more per Capsule
Can I take Tretiva (20mg) during pregnancy?
The drug should not be used by pregnant women. Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown high risk to fetus. The risk of drug use in pregnant women outweighs the benefit.