SALT INFORMATIONPantoprazole(20 mg)
Pantoprazole is used for treatment of ulcers in the stomach and small intestine, heart-burn, inflammation of the food-pipe due to regurgitation of stomach acid, prevention of ulcers in stomach and small intestine caused by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (pain-killers), and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (condition associated with excessive secretion of acid in the stomach).
Urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, constipation, excessive passing of gas, headache, diarrhea, muscle pain, joint pain, and skin rashes.
Pantoprazole may reduce the absorption of active substances whose availability in blood is dependent on the gastric pH (e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, erlotinib, atazanavircan). Administration of pantoprazole along with atazanavir or nelfinavir (anti-HIV drugs) can result in reduction in the blood levels of these drugs. Pantoprazole when administered with warfarin and coumarin anticoagulants can increase the thinning of the blood and cause bleeding. Concomitant use of high dose methotrexate and pantoprazole may increase blood levels of methotrexates. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that blocks the acid-producing pump in the wall of the stomach. By blocking this pump, the production of acid is decreased, and this allows the stomach, small intestine and food pipe to heal.
- Aciban 20(20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.85/TabletRs. 18.55save 7% more per Tablet
- Praize (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 2.40/TabletRs. 24pay 20% more per Tablet
- Aciban (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 2.42/TabletRs. 24.17pay 21% more per Tablet
- Aciban (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.42/TabletRs. 24.17pay 21% more per Tablet
- Aciban (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.62/TabletRs. 26.15pay 31% more per Tablet
Can I take Ultop (20mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.