SALT INFORMATIONCholecalciferol(60,000 iu)
To prevent and treat vitamin D deficiency in adults and teenagers, and vitamin D dependent rickets. It can be used with other medicines to treat bone disorder (osteoporosis), low levels of calcium or phosphate caused by certain disorders (hypoparathyroidism, pseudohypoparathyroidism, familial hypophosphatemia). It may also be used in kidney disease to keep calcium levels normal and allow normal bone growth. Cholecalciferol drops are given to breast-fed infants as a supplement.
Urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting constipation, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, mental/mood changes, unusual tiredness, stomach upset, skin rash, serious allergic reactions such as swollen face, lips, tongue or throat, difficulty in swallowing, red bumpy itchy skin, difficulty in breathing, increased levels of blood calcium, and increased levels of urine calcium.
Taking cholecalciferol with thiazide diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide) increases the risk of high levels of blood calcium. Cholecalciferol if taken along with systemic corticosteroids may reduce calcium absorption. Cholecalciferol may also interact with cholestyramine, rifampicin, phenytoin or barbiturates, laxatives which contain paraffin oil, glucocorticoids, and cardiac glycosides (digoxin). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cholecalciferol is important for the absorption of calcium from the stomach and for the functioning of calcium in the body. It regulates the blood levels of calcium and phosphorus and also plays key role in the absorption of calcium in bone tissue.
- Bon Dk(1)(10 Capsule in Strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.60/CapsuleRs. 6save 99% more per Capsule
- Wal D(3)(4 Capsule in Strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.13/CapsuleRs. 32.50save 82% more per Capsule
- D 360(60000iu)(4 Capsule in Strip)Elder Pharamaceuticals LtdRs. 25/CapsuleRs. 100save 44% more per Capsule
- Biocital Sg Cap(4'S 14)(4 Capsule in Strip)Bioplasma Immunological Research Pvt LtdRs. 23/CapsuleRs. 92save 48% more per Capsule
- Dvion Pearl(60k)(4 Capsule in Strip)Merck LtdRs. 27.25/CapsuleRs. 109save 39% more per Capsule
Can I take Uprise D(3) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.