SALT INFORMATIONNitrofurantoin(100 mg)
Urinary tract infections.
Neuropathy, hemolytic anemia, hepatitis, pulmonary disease, nausea, anorexia, skin reactions, abdominal pain, GI hemorrhage, angioedema, vasculitis, drug fever.
Nitrofurantoin is known to interact with other drugs like amphotericin B, ascorbic acid, fosphenytoin, gestodene, magnesium oxides and hydroxides, nalidixic acid, probenecid, propantheline (Br), pyridoxine, sulphinpyrazone. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Nitrofurantoin is activated by bacterial flavoproteins (nitrofuran reductase) to active reduced reactive intermediates that are thought to modulate and damage ribosomal proteins or other macromolecules, especially DNA, causing inhibition of DNA, RNA, protein, and cell wall synthesis. The overall effect is inhibition of bacterial growth or cell death.
- Nifty Sr Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Wanbury LimitedRs. 0.83/TabletRs. 8.30save 92% more per Tablet
- Furadantin (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Allenburys)Rs. 1/TabletRs. 10save 90% more per Tablet
- U Free(100mg)(7 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 3.91/TabletRs. 27.40save 62% more per Tablet
- Nftor (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.20/TabletRs. 72save 31% more per Tablet
- Nitrofur Sr(100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wanbury LimitedRs. 7.60/TabletRs. 76save 27% more per Tablet
Can I take Uribid (100mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.