To prevent and treat biotin deficiency associated with pregnancy, long-term tube feeding, malnutrition, and rapid weight loss. It is also used orally for hair loss, brittle nails, skin rash in infants (seborrheic dermatitis), diabetes, and mild depression.
No side effects following biotin use have been reported at appropriate doses.
Biotin may interact with clozapine, fluvoxamine, haloperidol, mexiletine, imipramine, olanzapine, pentazocine, propranolol, tacrine, theophylline, zileuton, zolmitriptan. Carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, valproic acid, alpha lipoic acid may reduce blood levels of biotin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Biotin is a component of important enzymes involved in breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. It is also known to be involved in important DNA processes.
- Biotin Forte(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.10/TabletRs. 11save 93% more per Tablet
- Zubitin Tab(30 Tablet in Packet)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.19/TabletRs. 5.58save 99% more per Tablet
- Zubitin (10mg)(30 Tablet in Packet)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.58/TabletRs. 167.50save 63% more per Tablet
- Btn Forte(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 11.40/TabletRs. 114save 24% more per Tablet
- Cosmetin (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)East West PharmaRs. 8.90/TabletRs. 89save 41% more per Tablet
Can I take VB7 HAIR (10mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.