SALT INFORMATIONOndansetron(4 mg)
Advanced ovarian cancer, Lung cancer, Moderately emetognic chemotherapy or radiotherapy, Nausea and vomiting (chemotherapy induced), Post operative vomiting, Post-operative nausea, Post-operative nausea and vomiting, Prevention of post-operative nausea and vomiting, Severely emetognic chemotherapy.
Dizziness, Headache, Fever, Dyspnea, Constipation, Abdominal pain, Chills, Hypotension, Flushing.
Rifampicin and other CYP3A4 inducers reduce levels/effects of ondansetron.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Ondansetron antagonises 5-HT3 receptor, blocking serotonin, both peripherally on vagal nerve terminals and centrally in the chemoreceptor trigger zone.
- Naucid Md Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 4.30/TabletRs. 43pay 60% more per Tablet
- Zofer Md(4mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.00/TabletRs. 49.98pay 85% more per Tablet
- Ondace Md(4mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Adcock IngramRs. 5.25/TabletRs. 52.50pay 95% more per Tablet
- Emestop (4mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ethix Industries IncRs. 4/TabletRs. 40pay 48% more per Tablet
- Vomikind Md(4mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Mankind PharmaRs. 4.09/TabletRs. 40.90pay 52% more per Tablet
Can I take Vomikind (4mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.